Monday, October 7, 2013

Stasha and the Giant Sunflower



One day early in the morning after I had eaten breakfast my mom told me to go to the store and get some groceries.  I walked through the woods to the store and I got everything mom asked for but I still had 10 cents left.

I couldn't resist buying a bag of sunflower seeds with the leftover money cause I love them so much.  This was a brand called Maaagic and i hadn't had that brand before.  I was so excited I couldn't wait to get home and try them.

When I got home and gave mom all the things that I picked up from the store, she noticed I still had a small bag of sunflower seeds in my hands and asked my why I wasted the money on them.  She told me to take them back and get the money because we would need it the next time.

I walked out the door and started crying because she was upset with me.  My eyes were all watery and I couldn't' see very well, so I tripped over a stick and the seeds fell in the mud.  I just sat there just staring at them spilled all over the ground and was amazed when one of the Maaagic seeds grew into a giant sunflower.

Too my amazement it was so big I climbed up on it and sat there picking the seeds and eating them.  I ate so many that I couldn't' eat anymore and started getting drowsy.  As I drifted off to sleep the flower grew taller and taller and taller until it went way above the clouds.

When I woke up I hopped off the flower to the ground.  As I sailed through the air, I noticed that the clouds were below me and when I landed I grabbed on tight to the soft grass.

I noticed a box next to a stream with some other giant floating flowers.  At the same time a giant donkey with perfect english said Hee Haw You Bum I smell the hair of a tiny one.  I was so terrified that I quickly grabbed the box and one of the floaty flower things and jumped over the side.

I floated and floated down through the clouds and the bright blue sky until I could see my house growing larger and larger as I descended.  When I got down, I quickly scrambled inside with the box and told mom my story.

We opened it up and found 50 giant gold coins and I was able to buy sunflower seeds anytime I wanted after that and we lived happily ever after!


My story was based on Jack and the Beanstalk!


No comments:

Post a Comment